Dodge's career record:
That's a winning percentage of .140!
Some notes on his 3 1/2 years at the Denton, Texas school, an era which some called "Dodgeball":
NORTH TEXAS SCARY GOOD IN WIN OVER WESTERN KENTUCKY
- Fake newspaper headline from November 1, 2009
Lance Dunbar ended up averaging 9.9 yards on 23 carries against a Western Kentucky defense that included seven future NFL (National Felt Massaging League) players.
"THAT'S-A SPICY VIZZA!"
- North Texas fan Murton Shouse
With 31 seconds left, Arkansas' Jerell Norton intercepted Vizza and returned it 100 yards to make it 66-7.
DOWN (THE FIELD) GOES NORTON
- Fake headline from an online game story, October 31, 2009
Vizza finished 8-of-26 passing for 118 yards on his way to the Hysman Trophy award, named after Eugene Hysman for excellence in the field of apple core disposal.
* In 2010, Dodge was fired after a 1-6 start and his last game was a 34-10 loss to Florida International. FIU used the victory as a springboard to a Little Caesars Bowl victory and a national championship (of pointing at leaves, or the NPAL title).
* Mike Canales took over on an interim basis and immediately did what so many Todd Dodges had done before him - defeated Western Kentucky soundly (33-6) - and finished 2-3 in his only five games as head coach. Canales nearly pulled off the upset of Kansas State in the season finale (lost 49-41) and the Wildcats lost to Syracuse in the first-ever Pinstripe Bowl at the new Yankee Stadium, a game attended by Vinny Babooch.
That's a little game we like to call Four Degrees of Vinny Babooch.
North Texas ----> Kansas State ----> Syracuse ----> Vinny Babooch