I know it's easy for a guy with a unibrow, sipping Busch Light, to look back on a nine-year old draft and make fun of it, but I just can't help myself. I really can't imagine there's been a worse draft in the league's history.
First, let's check out the top 7:
1. Kenyon Martin (New Jersey). Career highlight: has a tattoo of lips on his neck.
2. Stromile Swift (Vancouver). All-time leader in all things by guys named Stromile.
3. Darius Miles (LA Clippers). Let's go Clips! Let's go Clips! Let's go Clips!
4. Marcus Fizer (Chicago). Greatest Fizer in NBA history.
5. Mike Miller (Orlando). Becomes the third-ugliest white guy taken in top 5 history (Shawn Bradley, 1993; Rik Smits, 1988).
6. Dermarr Johnson (Atlanta). Similiar players on basketballreference.com: Bosjtan Nachbar. Let's go Hawks! Let's go Hawks! Let's go Hawks!
7. Chris Mihm (Cleveland). One more time: CHRIS. MIHM!
The worst of the rest
* The Clips continued to impress, taking Keyon Dooling at No. 10 and Marko Jaric with the first pick of the second round (30th overall).
* The Bulls had five draft picks in the two rounds. Here's what they did with them:
No. 4 - Fizer (above)
No. 8 - Jamal Crawford (decent pick)
No. 24 - Dalibor Bagaric (not even a good pick if this was the Croatian draft)
Nos 32, 33, 34 - A.J. Guyton, Jake Voskuhl and Khalid ElAmin (yes, the Bulls had three consecutive picks at the start of the second round and managed to screw up all three. Incredible.)
* These were 7 of the final 10 picks of the first round:
Craig Claxton - No. 20 (Philly)
Donnell Harvey - No. 22 (Dallas)
Iakovos Tsakalidis - No. 25 (Phoenix)
Mamadou NDiaye - No. 26 (Denver)
Primoz Brezec - No. 27 (Indiana)
Erick Barkley - No. 28 (Portland)
Mark Madsen - No. 29 (LA Lakers)